We encourage original research work. All abstracts will be reviewed by panel of experts and then would be accepted as oral free paper/poster presentations during AICOG 2017. You are also welcome to submit a video (less than 5 minutes duration) for a presentation
Abstract Submission Important Dates
|Abstract Submission Important Dates|
|Abstract Submission Opens||Tuesday , March 15, 2016|
|Deadline for Abstract submission||Saturday, November 30, 2016|
|Notification to Authors||Tuesday, December 15, 2016|
Abstract Submission Categories
- Critical Care in Obstetrics: Vital backup
- Abnormal uterine bleeding: Fresh thoughts in Management
- Caring Infertiles
- Minimally Invasive Surgeries
Guidelines for abstract submission
- Only registered FOGSI members and registered PG students (FOGSI member) are allowed to submit the abstract for paper/poster or video.
- The abstract for the paper/poster need to be brief – not more than 300 words.
- The first author will be the contact person for all the correspondence about the presentation.
- Only one submission as first author will be accepted.
- All abstracts are to be submitted in English.
- Please choose appropriate theme related to your presentation.
- Please mention the prize for which the author is competing for.
- All abstracts must be submitted via the conference website ONLY.
- The title should be short and concise, & must NOT be written in capital letters.
- The abstract should not contain broad statements like "The results will be discussed"
- You may use standard abbreviations, however mention unusual abbreviations in brackets after the full word, when it appears for the first time.
- Use numerals to indicate numbers, except when beginning the sentences.
- Case reports are generally not accepted unless they bring significant and novel biological information, they will be converted to poster presentations
- Please do not submit an abstract under more than 1 category
- Last date for submission of Abstracts is 15th October 2016.
- All Submissions will be acknowledged by email. So, please provide your current working E mail ID along with Mobile number.
- By submission of an Abstract, the author transfers copyright ownership to the organizing committee for publications. The Organizing committee reserves the right to reproduce the abstract/presentation made in conference in print or electronic media.
- Abstracts / papers previously published or presented at any national or international meeting are not permitted.
- Abstracts / papers previously published or presented at local or state levels are permitted, but the details need to be mentioned in the submission.
- The Scientific committee will review the abstracts & the acceptance will be communicated to the presenting author by 15th November 2016.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to allocate a session time or change the presentation type.
- The video Submission
- For the video submission, an edited video with title and details of the procedure should be uploaded on the dropbox, using the link.
- The video (not more than 5 minutes duration) can demonstrate open surgery (abdominal, vaginal), procedures like imaging, endoscopy etc.
- Special prizes will be given to the best e-posters as well as videos by the organizing committee.
Note: Any Abstract submitted without FOGSI Membership number won't be accepted.
Instructions for Abstract Content
- Figures, tables and graphs should not be included.
- Use generic names of drugs only.
- In original research the results have to be submitted with the abstract.
- No references are needed with abstract submission.
- Structure of abstracts:
For original research/ reviews
- Aim & Objectives
- Materials & Methods
For case studies
- Aim & Objectives
- Conclusion/ Clinical Relevance
Poster presentation will be an electronic poster display and details will be intimated along with the notifications to the authors.
Posters will be available for 3 months for online viewing.
Prizes from FOGSI
|AICOG Conference Prizes||Purpose||Eligibility|
|FOGSI-Dr.Amarendra Nath Dan Prize||BEST PAPER ON MCH CARE||FOGSI Member|
|FOGSI-Smt.Bhagawato Devi Yamuna Singh Prize||BEST PAPER ON GERIATRIC GYNAECOLOGY||FOGSI Member|
|FOGSI-Dr.C.L.Jhaveri Prize||BEST PAPER FROM THE MISCELLANEOUS GROUP||FOGSI Member|
|FOGSI-Dr.C.S.Dawn Prize||BEST PAPER ON THE OFFICIAL THEMES||FOGSI Members who have passed MBBS more than 7 years|
|FOGSI-Mrs.Chandravathi Devi Jagannath Singh Prize||BEST PAPER ON ONCOLOGY||FOGSI Member|
|FOGSI-Mrs.Indumati Jhaveri Prize||BEST PAPER ON THE OFFICIAL THEMES||FOGSI Member who have passed MBBS within 7 years|
|FOGSI-Dr.Jagdishwari Mishra Prize||BEST POSTER ON OFFICIAL THEMES||FOGSI Member|
|FOGSI – Karan Gupta Memorial Prize||BEST POSTER OF MISCELLANEOUS GROUP||FOGSI Member|
|FOGSI-Dr.Siuli Rudra Sinha Prize||BEST PAPER ON ENDOSCOPY||FOGSI member, Age upto 40 years|