Speakers Detail :
Name - Maj.Gen. (Dr) R.K. MARWAHA (Retd)
Appointment - Former Additional Director, Senior Consultant & Head, Department of Endocrinology and Thyroid Research Centre, Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Sciences, DRDO, Ministry of Defence.
Past president- The Indian Society for Bone & Mineral Research (ISBMR)
Presently- Scientific Advisor and Senior consultant Endocrinology, International Life Sciences Institute (India) & Advisor Projects, Dept. of Endocrinology, AIIMS.
Date of Birth - 24 August195
Date of Commission in the Army - 13 Mar 1977 Qualification
- MBBS – Delhi University, 1976
- M.D. (Med) Delhi University, 1984
- DNB (Endocrinology) AIIMS,
- Molecular Endocrinology- Middlesex Hospital London (UK), 1993
- Post-graduate Certificate course in
- Hospital Management (NIH&FW), 2000 Work Assignment
- Reviewer for Lancet, JCEM, Osteporosis International, Clinical Endocrinology and several other national and International ournals
- Teaching under- graduate, post- Graduate, PhD and DM fellows.
- Responsible for co-ordinating and carrying out Inter-institutional research projects.
- Commonwealth Fellowship, Yr 1985
- W.H.O. Fellowship, Yr 1987