Speakers Detail :
Dr. Mrs. Savita Suhas Mehendale
Professor Emeritus, Dept of OBS & GYN. Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical College, Pune
Education: MD – Marathwada University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra-1969, India.
DGO – College of physicians & surgeons, Mumbai-1968.
- Best Teacher Award – Pune Pratishthan , 1989
- Best Teacher Award – Bharati Vidyapeeth University , Pune, 2004
- Best Teacher Award – Lions club , Pune , 2006
- Best Teacher Award – Rotary Club , Pune , 2006
- “GuruRuna- Best Teacher Award” – Marathwada Association of Obst & Gyn , 2007
- Award for “Exemplary Contribution for Women’s Health” on Women’s Day – 8th March 2009
- Award for”Lifetime achievement in field of obst &gyn by IMA-1ST June-Doctor’s day-2012
- Award for “Outstanding contribution towards medical education & Maternal Health”-August-2012
Other educational experiences:
- Training Course in Hospital management, Govt. of Maharashtra -1982
- Teachers training course, JIPMER, Pondicherry – National Course on Educational Science for teachers of health professional , 1985
- WHO Assisted state level workshop on strengthening of family welfare training in Medical colleges – 1988
- Trained in Laparoscopy, Mumbai-1994
- Training in Foetal Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi-2009
48years of teaching and practicing experience Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Worked in different Govt Medical colleges in Maharashtra since 1968 onwards.
Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical college, 1991onwards till today
Co- Guide for PhD candidate, Pune University – 1994, 95, 96
Guide for over 100 students of MS, and DGO.
Additional – Research – Principal Investigator in various research projects-
- Role Of Omega 3 Fatty Acids in Prevention Of PIH
- Homocystiene as a causative factor in PIH
- Study of Genetic Susceptibility to neural tube defects and it’s association with Maternal Vitamin B12 & Folate status
- Study of fatty acid profile , oxidative stress & antioxidants in oligospermic males
- Role of Vascular endolthelial growth factor , Vit B12 , Folic Acid & Homocystiene in term pregnancy , preterm delivery & PIH
- Effect of maternal micronutrients ( Folic acid , B12 & essential polyunsaturated fatty acids ) on global methylation patterns in preterm labour
- Comparison of plasma & placental proteomic patterns in normal pregnancy & PIH
Publications: International Journal: 18
Affiliation to Committees & Societies:
President of Pune Obstetrics & Gynaecological Society, Pune 2014-15
Life member, Institute of Nutrition Hyderabad
Life member, ISOPAR- Indian Society of Perinatology & Reproductive Biology
Life member. SHAKTI, National Movement for women, Vijay Bharati.
Life member, Indian Society for the study of Reproduction & Fertility
Life member, Indian Menopause society