Speakers Detail :
Dr. Duru Shah is a Consultant gynecologist in private practice, with a special interest in Gynecological Endocrinology Infertility and Assisted Reproduction. She completed her post-graduation from the Grant Medical College, University of Mumbai (MD) and has been awarded the Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG). She is the first and only Indian to have received the prestigious “Distinguished Merit Award” for services towards women’s health, by the International Federation of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FIGO) at the Opening Ceremony of the World Conference held in Rome- October 2012. She has been the Past President of the Federation of Obstetric & Gynecolgical Societies of India (FOGSI), the Past Chairman of the Indian College of Obstetrics & Gynecology (ICOG) and the Past President of the Indian Menopause Society (IMS). She is also the immediate Past Editor in chief of the “Journal of Midlife Health”
She currently holds the following positions:
- Founder President of the PCOS Society (India)
- Director Gynaecworld –the Center for Women Health and Fertility
- President Elect of the Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (ISAR)
- Member of the Technical Advisory Committee of the Ferrous Sucrose in Pregnant Anaemic Women in India (FeSPAW) Project. The Public Health Foundation of India in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Government of India.
- Director of Digital Education, the International Menopause Society (IMS).
- Country Representative of India to the Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction (ASPIRE)
- Member of the International Advisory Panel of the Centre for Research Excellence in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (CRE-PCOS)
- Member of the Scientific Planning Committee for the World Congress 2018 of the International Menopause Society.
- Scientific Meeting Advisor of Asia Pacific Menopause Federation (APMF)
Member of the Editorial Board of:-
- “Post Reproductive Health” Journal of the British Menopause Society, London since 2008
- “Climacteric” – the Journal of the International Menopause Society, since 2010
- “The Obstetrician & Gynecologist” the Journal of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (RCOG) London, since 2006.
- Peer Reviewer for the “Journal of Assisted Reproduction of ISAR and “Journal of Midlife Health of IMS-India.
- Guide for postgraduate students of the Diplomate of National Board of India
- Dr. Shah is currently involved in research in the field of Polycystic ovaries and Premature Menopause.
- She is the author of various recent peer reviewed national and international publications and has contributed numerous chapters in textbooks besides being author of various publications. She also lectures at various meetings around the globe.
- Convenor of FOGSI’s “Violence against women” cell of FOGSI. Initiated the “STAR” program (Survivor Treatment Advocacy & Responsibility)
- Member of the Ethics committee of Majlis (NGO) India, for Research on Rape Victim Support Programme.
- Founder President of the “Women Empowerment” Foundation (WE Foundation)
- On the social front she has been best known for her involvement in reaching out to Indian youth and women to create awareness on their reproductive health, has worked with the Ministry of Health to develop health policies and is currently focusing her attention on Gender violence.
She has more than 100 publications to her credit, including 83 chapters contributed to post graduate books. Dr. Shah is a much sought after speaker and has delivered more than 500 invited lectures at various National and International Conferences.
On the Social front Dr. Shah’s passion has always been to focus on preventive reproductive and sexual health, especially in young girls and women as they are the mothers of tomorrow. Having been extremely successful with her “Growing up” and “Kishori” Programs for the youth, she is currently focusing her attention on Gender Violence.
Her areas of interest are Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Assisted Reproduction and Premature Ovarian failure.