Speakers Detail :
Dr. Deepa Ganesh, Consultant Cosmetic Gynecologist at Apollo cosmetic clinic and Pearl Aesthetic Centre, Chennai and Senior Consultant in Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Gynecology at Lifeline Institute of Minimal Access Keyhole Surgery and SIMS hospital, Chennai.
- Her illustrious career started at Sri Ramachandra Medical College, from where she completed her MBBS as well as her masters in Obstetrics and Gynecology. After practicing obstetrics for a few years, her interest in laparoscopy and cosmetic gynecology led her to gain training all over the world. Her diplomas in Minimal Access Surgery, Minimal Invasive Surgery, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Cosmetic Gynecology from USA, France and Germany set her apart as one of the most qualified people in her field. She has received fellowships from the World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons and the International College of Robotic Surgeons.
- Robotic surgery is a field that is still vastly unexplored, especially in a country like India. However, Dr. Deepa Ganesh is one of the few in the country who is experienced in this field, having completed her training in the USA. She is the First Indian Gynecologist to get certified in Cosmetic Gynecology, and trained under Dr. David Matlock, ( Famous Cosmetic Gynecologist ) at Beverly Hills, Hollywood, USA and by Dr. Adam Ostrzenski, in Advanced Modern Cosmetic- Plastic Gynecology, Tampa, Florida. An Associate of the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of America, she is the First Indian to receive this honour.
- With over 13years of experience, she is one of the handful of gynecologists in Chennai who performs advanced laparoscopic surgeries. She is also one among the very few gynecologists in India who is experienced in 3D laparoscopy and single port scar-less surgery.
- Not satisfied with simply keeping her knowledge and experience to herself, she has taken it upon herself to share it with others. She is coordinator and faculty at Advanced Laparoscopy training institute and trains about 10 Gynecologists and Surgeons in laparoscopy every month. She is also part of the teaching faculty at the Minimally Invasive Surgery Training Institute (MISTI) at Lifeline Hospitals and at the Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education. She also holds the post of Asst. Professor at Saveetha Medical College and Hospital, Chennai.
- As a member of numerous medical associations and societies, Dr. Deepa Ganesh is also keenly interested in research. She has attended a number of conferences and workshops all over the country and has many national and international publications. Always striving to better herself, she is up to date with cutting edge technology and is always ahead in her field of expertise.