Speakers Detail :
Name: Dr. Raikar Vivek Ramchandra
Date of birth: 21/03/1956 Age: 60 years. Sex: Male
Designation: Deputy Medical Superintendent,
Assistant professor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Qualification: M.D. Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Permanent Address: 1030, B, Makarebaug, Malvan. At Post Malvan Dist: Sindhudurg, Maharashtra. Malvan.416606
Correspondence address:, F-13, Staff quarters, CMCH & RC Campus
Irungalur, TRICHY 621 105.
Mobile no: 0 9445981312, 09422381312
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academics & teaching experience:
- Graduated from Government Medical College, Miraj, Maharashtra in 1979.
- Completed M.D. in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from Government Medical College, Miraj under Shivaji University Kolhapur.
- Underwent training in Laparoscopic Sterilization at FPA (Family Planning Association of India), Pune, Maharashtra
- Served as Deputy Medical Superintendent & Assistant Professor in Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Aarupadai Veedu Medical College, Puducherry since 2014.
- Presently working as Deputy Medical Superintendent & Assistant Professor in Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at SRM’s CMCH & RC, TRICHY since December 2016.
- Running own Nursing Home at Malvan since last 34 years.
- Wide exposure and experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecological surgeries.
- Exposure with the oncologists, Vascular Surgeons, ENT surgeons who were on routine visit to my nursing home.
- Established 1st Ultrasonography centre in the district in 1988.
- Worked as Honorary Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Muncipal Hospital, Malvan in Maharashtra 1986 to 1990.
- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist under NRHM for 3 years during 2011 to 2014.
Area of interest: Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy, Infertility treatment, Rural Obstetrics, High Risk Pregnancy.
Research works conducted:
- Knowledge, Attitude and Practice regarding Emergency Contraceptives among married women of urban slum area.
- Assessment of unmet need of contraception among married women.
- Socio-demographic determinants of contraceptive use among married women
Awards and certificates:
Best Service award by Malvan Municipal Council, Maharashtra
Conference and CME Organized:
- Founder Secretary of FOGSI Sindhudurg nagari Branch (MAHARASHTRA).
- Organised & Conducted many CME Programs since installation of FOGSI branch from 2005 till 2014.
- Participated as Resource person in many CME Programs at FOGSI Sindhudurg nagari Branch.
Research Paper Publications:
- Socio-demographic determinants of contraceptive use among married women from urban area of North Karnataka. Indian journal of Public Health Research & Development.Vol-6, No-4, October-Dec 2015.
- Assessment of unmet need of contraception among married women in urban field practice area of S. N. Medical College, Bagalkot. Indian Journal of Maternal and Child Health. Vol-17, No-1, 2015.
- Knowledge, Attitude and Practice regarding Emergency Contraceptives among married women of urban slum area. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology.Vol-4, No-4, July- Aug-2015.
Conferences, workshops attended:
Attended almost all conferences at ALL India & State level since 1992 in OBGY & Ultrasonography.
- Workshop on Emergency in Obstetrics organized by AMOGS at Shirdi, Maharashtra.
- National Conference on “Changing trends in Health Profession’s Education” at Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Pondicherry.
- 30th Annual Conference organized by AMOGS at Shirdi, Maharashtra.
- Workshop on “Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) – NAAC” organized by Vinayaka Missions University, Salem 1st Oct 2016.
- Workshop on ‘Academic Leadership’ organized by Department of Medical Education, JIPMER ,Puducherry- Oct 2016.
- Workshop on ‘Integrated Teaching and learning’’ organized by Department of Medical Education, JIPMER ,Puducherry- Oct 2016.
- National conference in Medical Education MEDUCON 2016 at JIPMER Puducherry- Oct 2016.
- National Conference on Intellectual Property Rights at Shree Balaji Vidyapeeth, Pondycherry.
- 58th All India Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Chennai Trade Centre.
- Workshop on Cancer Prevention and control organized by Cancer institute ( WIA) and Tamil Nadu voluntary Health association.
- Annual conference of All India Co- ordinating commity- Royal College of Obstetricians and gynaecologists at Kolhapur.
- CME on Medical Disorders and Reproductive Health and Workshop on ‘Pelvic Anatomy Revisited’ at Kolhapur.
- 56th All India Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Mumbai.
- Video CME on Vitamine D current scenario organized by IMA new Delhi.
CME on Multifetal Pregnancy & Conference at 27th AMOGS Conference Kolhapur.
Chair person in 55th All India Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Varanasi.
- 58th All India Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Hyderabad International Convention Center.
- Live workshop on Hysteroscopic surgery and CME on Infertility at Kolhapur organaized by Kolhapur Obstetric and Gynaecological society.
- CME on “Romance in Medicine” at Goa, organized by Dr JK Salelkar Memorial Foundation.
- 26th annual CME of POGS at Pune.
- Conference of Safe Surgery Saves Lives organized by POGS, Pune.
- 12th South Asian Regional Conference on “Clinical Ultrasonography in practice “ at Chennai.
- USCON XVIII th Goa Conference and Workshop Hosted by IFUMB
- 24th annual CME of POGS at Pune.