Speakers Detail :
A Pharmacologist with 30 years of teaching, research experience in both undergraduate & post graduate medical education and 5 years clinical experience as a medical professional in teaching hospital. Also Fellow in Medical education.
- Member of the advisory group for operational & technical issues to adopt guidelines for Gujarat state
- Core committee member of formulating Essential Medicines List and Standard Treatment Guidelines (STG) for Gujarat State. Prepared first edition of STG for Gujarat State in 2013.
- Government of India appointed Good Clinical Research Practice expert for inspection of the clinical research facility of Clinical Research Organizations
- Coordinator and on Member of core training panel of Pharmacovigilance Programme Of India
- Coordinator of ‘Institutional Ethics Committee’ & ‘Medical Education Unit’ of the B. J. Medical College
- On the Editorial board of Indian Journal of Pharmacology as senior editor since 2007
- Coordinator and resource person at Workshops on Pharmacovigilance organized by WHO- RNTCP-PvPI at New Delhi, National Institute of Tuberculosis(Bangalore), National Institute of Research In Tuberculosis(Chennai), and at various medical colleges etc.
- Coordinator and resource person at Workshops on Medical Education Technology, GCP and Scientific writing at various conferences and medical colleges
- 45 Scientific publications in national and international journals
ACADEMIC AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Received certificate of appreciation for outstanding contribution in academic and research activities by Dean, B. J. Medical College, Ahmedabad on Teacher’s day, 5th September, 2014
- Delivered Key note address on ‘Good Clinical Practice –Current Challenges’ at Association of Clinical Research Organization, on 17th September, 2016
- Received twice Best Paper Presentation Prizes; Dr. S.C. Verma memorial prize in 1993-94 at IPS conference, Ahmedabad and “Advances in Clinical Pharmacology” conferences at G S Medical College, Mumbai in Feb. 1998.
- Excellent academic career; Received 6 Gold Medals for securing highest number of marks in medicine , Pharmacology and University topper
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Clinical Pharmacology especially Pharmacovigilance and Clinical research, Medical Education and Scientific Writing, Rational use of medicines